Executive District Officer Agriculture is the head of agriculture department.
Functions of Agriculture Department
- Agriculture Extension
- On-Farm Management
- Soil Conservation
- Soil Fertility
||i. Irrigated Area
||ii. Rain fed
||ii. Culture able Waste
||iii. Not available for cultivation
- PULSES (MONG ,MASH, LENTIL AND GRAM)
- Wheat – Kharif Fodder
- Wheat – Kharif Pulses
- Wheat – Fellow – Wheat
- Maize – Potato
AGRICULTURE EXTENSION DEPARTMENT
- FOOD SECURITY
- TO ENHANCE THE INCOME OF THE FARMERS
TO ENHANCE CROP PRODUCTION/YIELD THROUGH USE OF IMPROVED VARIETIES OF SEEDS, FERTILIZERS, ADOPTION OF MODERN TECHNIQUES OF SOWING, IRRGATION, HARVESTING AND WEEDS CONTROL.
“To create enabling environment for raising livestock production and use it as a vehicle for social security, poverty alleviation and rural development ultimately leading towards domestic food security and creation of exportable surpluses”.
- Provision of extensive vaccination to the livestock to check the out break of contagious diseases.
- Provision of the veterinary and livestock services to improve the health status of animals, productivity (Horizontal and Vertical) and re-productivity.
FUNCTIONS/ ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- To make promotional efforts for the Development of Livestock & Poultry farms in private sector.•Preventive Vaccination to the livestock/poultry against the contagious diseases and extension services.
- Artificial Insemination services for the improvement of best breed to obtain more milk & meat and also for increasing the calving rates and reducing the age of puberty in cattle breed.
- Training of Livestock Farmers.
- Prophylactic vaccination.
2. First Aid / Treatment
BASIC STATISTICS VETERINARY INSTITUTIONS
|Diagnostic Laboratory (Pb.)
- PIND DADAN KHAN
- Extension services in private sector.
- Lease of fishing rights conservation management and promotion of fisheries in water areas except rivers, canals and barrages/pond areas which have no boundaries.
- Advisory services to promote fish farming.
- Local publicity and awareness.
Type of Farm
( Metric tons)
|Private Fish Farms
SOIL CONSERVATION DEPARTMENT
- To increase infiltration of soils.
- To improve water holding capacity.
- Harvesting run off.
- To Check Soil erosion
- To Develop Water Reservoir
For further details you may contact agriculture department on this no 0544-92700320
Note: Source of above information is District Government Jhelum Portal