Executive District Officer Finance & Planning is the head of Finance & Planning department.Two district officers, i.e.: District Finance Officer (DFO) and District Planning Officer (DPO) are assisting head of the department
Functions of Finance & Planning Department
- Planning & Development
- Budget preparation
1. Ensure that the Business of the Group of Offices under his
administrative control is carried out in accordance with law
and the rules.
2. Coordinate & Supervise the activities of the group of offices &
ensure efficient service delivery.
3. Implement approved plans & policies.
4. Prepare proposals for expenditure necessary for the proper
conduct of programs, projects, services and other activities.
5. Act as Departmental Accounting Officer for his respective
group of offices.
Approval of Development Schemes according to the ‘Delegation of Powers’ under the Financial Rules.
Preparation of the Annual District Development Program of the District in Coordination with all District Offices.
- Appraisal, Evaluation & Monitoring of Development Schemes.
Preparation of Five Years and other District Development Plans.
- Monitoring the Ways & Means Position / Accounts of the District
- Maintenance of District Accounts and Reconciliation
- Collection of Local Taxes
- Liaise with the Audit Department for Smooth Audit of District Government Account.
- Organize and Coordinate DAC / SDAC Meetings for Disposal of Audit Paras
DO (Budget & Finance):
Formulation, Distribution & Monitoring of District Budget.
Financial Management & Control.
Scrutiny of Proposals for Re-appropriation & Supplementary Grants.
Co-ordination with the Provincial Finance Department & District Offices.
Issue Advices on Matters Affecting the District Finances.
- Promotion of Small Business, Cottage Industry and Medium size Enterprise.
- Monitoring & Stabilization of Prices of Essential Commodities.
- Registration of Firms under Partnership Act 1932
- Registration of Societies & Associations under Societies Registration Act 1860.
- Development of Industrial Estates & Technology Parks.
DO (Excise & Taxation):
Collection of Provincial Taxes as assigned by the Government.
Collection of Capital Value Tax and Advance Income Tax on behalf of Federal Government at the time of registration of a vehicle and collection of Motor Vehicle Tax.
Issuance of Registration Marks and Certificates to Motor vehicles.
Collection of Property Tax according to the assessment of Property Unit.
Enforcement of Hadd Ordinance, 1979 for prohibition of liquors, intoxicants and narcotics.
For further details you may contact finance & planning department on this no 0544-92070033
Note: Source of above information is District Government Jhelum Portal